Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice serves to meet the obligations of your right to be informed under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 which requires that data controllers provide data subjects with privacy information.
NAHVI is a data controller meaning the organisation determines the purposes and means of processing personal data held about you. A data subject is an identifiable and living individual to whom personal data relates.
Processing personal information involves obtaining, recording, holding or carrying out any operation or set of operations including:
- organisation, adaptation or alteration
- retrieval, consultation or use
- disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available
- alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
The categories of personal data obtained
Personal data is any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier e.g. name, identification number, location data or online identifier. NAHVI processes the following personal data about you:
- Email address
- IP address.
NAHVI will not process any special category data about you.
The source of the personal data, details of whether you are under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide the personal data and the retention periods for the personal data
We obtain this data when you visit our website and if you complete and submit the Contact Us form.
We will hold records that contain your data for no longer than is necessary, as per the retention periods specified in our Records Retention and Disposal Schedule (RRDS).
Purposes of processing
We process your data so that we can analyse and report on visitors to our website and so we are able to respond to the request you have made through the Contact Us form, where applicable.
Lawful basis for processing and the legitimate interests for the processing
NAHVI process your personal data because we have a legitimate interest in analysing and reporting on visitors to our website and responding to requests made using the Contact Us form.
The rights available to individuals in respect of the processing
Depending on the purpose and legal basis for processing your data you will have different rights. Under the GDPR, some of your rights are ‘qualified’ meaning there may be circumstances where some of your rights do not apply.
- You may have the right of access to your data. You can do so by submitting a Subject Access Request Form (available from the Service Manager – details below)
- You may have the right to have your data erased
- You may have the right to have the processing of your data restricted
- You may have the right to have your data rectified if it is incorrect or completed if it is incomplete
- You may have the right to data portability meaning you may obtain and reuse the data we hold about you for your own purposes across different services
- You may have the right to object to your data being processed.
The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
Your personal data is shared internally on a need-to-know basis.
NAHVI use data processors who are responsible for processing your data on our behalf such as web analytic services.
The details of transfers of the personal data to any third countries or international organisations
Your data is not transferred to any third countries or international organisations.
The details of the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling
We do not process your data for the purposes of automated decision-making, including profiling.
The name and contact details of our organisation / representative / data protection officer
For further information, contact the Service Manager at:
- NAHVI, 56/57 Hazelwood, Beaverstown Road, Donabate, County Dublin
- 01 843 4817
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority